Mountain Peaks of Rajasthan
This Topic is Very Important for RAS/RTS Prelims and Mains Exam.
- In Rajasthan, hills of Aravalli Range are an only mountain range in Rajasthan. The most of the highest mountain peaks are found in the hills Aravalli Range.
- The Aravalli range is one of the oldest mountain range in the world. It is running across the Rajasthan state from South-West to North-East, bisecting the Rajasthan into two parts.
- The highest peaks of the Aravalli range of Rajasthan are not pointed as young fold mountains. They have been eroded by the forces of nature like rain, wind and sunshine.
- The highest peaks of Aravalli Range of Rajasthan are called as Guru Shikhar (1722 M), which is located in Mount Abu in Sirohi district of Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is bisected by Aravalli (Aravali) range into two major parts: Southeast Rajasthan and Northwest Rajasthan. The northwest consists of a series of sand dunes covers nearly two-thirds of the area. Aravali range is approximately 692 Kms long, running across Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi.
Top Peaks of Aravali Hills in Rajasthan
|Peak Name||Height (meters)||District|
|Guru Shikhar||1722||Mount Abu, Sirohi|
The Aravalli’s in Rajasthan are divided into three main sections:
- North-Eastern Aravalli Range
- Central Aravalli Range
- Southern Aravalli Range
They are also called as Alwar hills.
- Stretches from Delhi to isolated hills of Alwar & Jaipur.
- Average elevation of 300-670 meters.
- To North & East it merges with Ganga-Yamuna Plains.
- Malkhet & Khetri Group of hills
- Torawati Hills
|Raghunathgarh (Sikar) – 1055 meters|
|Khoh (Jaipur) – 920 meters|
|Bhairach (Alwar) – 792 meters|
|Barwara (Jaipur) – 786 meters|
|Babai (Jhunjhunu) – 780 meters|
|Bilali (Alwar) – 775 meters|
|Manoharpur (Jaipur) – 747 meters|
|Baraith (Jaipur) – 704 meters|
|Sariska (Alwar) – 677 meters|
|Siravas – 651 meters|
Includes districts of Ajmer, south-western Tonk and Jaipur Surrounded on:-
- North by – Alwar Hills
- East by Karauli table-land
- South by Banas plains
- West by Sambhar basin
- Shekhawati lower hills
- Marwar Hills
- Goramji (Ajmer) – 934 meters
- Taragarh (Ajmer) – 870 meters
- Naag Pahar (Ajmer) -795 meters
Southern Aravali Range-
-Includes district of Udaipur, South-eastern margin of Pali & Dungarpur districts
- Mewar hills & Bhorat Plateau
- Girwa Hills
- Merwara Hills
- Abu block & Oria plateau
|Guru Shikhar (Sirohi) – 1722 meters|
|Ser (Sirohi) – 1597 meters|
|Dilwara (Sirohi) – 1442 meters|
|Jarga (Sirohi) – 1431 meters|
|Achalgarh (Sirohi) – 1380 M|
|Kumbhalgarh (Rajsamand) – 1224 meters|
|Dhoniya – 1183 meters|
|Hrishikesh – 1017 meters|
|Kamalnath (Udaipur) – 1001 meters|
|Sajjangarh (Udaipur) – 938 meters|
|Lilagarh – 874 meters|