RAS Mains Test-Art and Culture
RAS/RTS Mains Exam Art & Culture of Rajasthan Solved Practice Question
Rajasthan Public Service Commission Mains Exam Practice Solved Questions.
Art and Culture of Rajasthan Solved Practice Questions as per Syllabus and trending topics of Current Affairs.
20/50/100/200 words Solved Question as per RPSC RAS Mains Exam Requirement.
What is the importance of handicraft in our economy?
Handicrafts are hugely important in terms of economic development. They provide ample opportunities for employment even with low capital investments and thus become a prominent medium for foreign earnings. From transforming the traditional Indian arts, and crafts to the customized version of an overseas art form.
Who was Muhnot Nainsi?
- Born in Jodhpur city, Mohanot Nainsi was the minister and minister of Maharaja Jaswant Singh-I of Jodhpur.
- Angered by something, the Maharaja put both Nainasi and his brother Sundarasi in prison.
- Due to tortures in captivity, both brothers committed suicide.
- Along with being knowledge lover and History lover he was a man of self-pride and brave nature.
- Munshi Devi Prasad has called Nainsi as Abul Fazal of Rajputana. Nainsi wrote a famous book titled Muhnot Nainsi RI Khyat.
Mirpur Jain Temple, Sirohi
This is also one of the most important Jain temples of Rajasthan which is known for its extensive architecture as it is dated back to the 9th century. The temple was built by the Rajputs and signified as the oldest marble monument in Rajasthan. The temple is having the idol of the 23rd Tirthankar who is the Parsavanatha. The architecture of this temple globally acclaimed and the carvings of the pillars are the true representation of every beautiful note of Hindu mythology.
- Birth-1003 A.D. at Dadrewa in the Churu district of Rajasthan
- Legend Protects from Snakes bites (Jaharpeer).
- Saint Goga ji fought with Mahmood Gajnavi for protection of cows.
- Died (Samadhi) -Gogamedi in Hanumangarh District
- Worship: Main Temple: Gogamedi, built by King Ganga Singh.
- Villages in Rajasthan has dedicated to him, than is always under Khejri tree.
- Farmers tie 9 Knot – Goga Rakhadi – to their plough for good harvest.
- Goga Ji identification – Blue Horse, Spear and Snake
Famous Bhakti Saints of Rajasthan
In Rajasthan, the emergence of saint bhakts was witnessed from 16th century to end of 18 century.
Bhakti Saints of Rajasthan
- Dadu Dayal
- Mira Bai
- Sundar das
- Lal Das
- Charan Das
What do you know about Akbari Fort & Museum?
This fort was constructed in 1570 by Akbar and is also called as Daulat-khanna or Magazine. Plans for battle of Haldighati were finalized in this fort in 1576 and Jahangir camped in the fort for 3 years to bring mewar under Mughal control.
• This fort is a magnificent example of Mughal architecture and it is the location from where Salim, as the Emperor Jahangir read out the Farman permitting the British East India Company to trade with India. In 1801, control of fort passed to British who converted it into magazine (armory).
• Currently, the fort is converted into a state museum and houses a collection of Mughal, Rajput armor and sculpture. The fort also has beautiful paintings and Janana portion has excellent Picchikari works.
Main Features of the Mughal Paintings in India
1. Confined to Mughal court:
Mughal painting remained confined to the Mughal court and did not reach the people.
2. A synthesis of Indian and Persian elements:
The Mughal rulers brought Persian painters with them. At the same time they patronized Indian painters and the collaboration between these two schools of painters resulted in the synthesis.
3. Main themes of painting:
Apart from Persian books of fables, themes from Mahabharata were also selected. Indian scenes and landscapes came into vogue.
4. Abundant use of colours:
Golden colours considered to be the symbols of prosperity of the Mughals began to be used increasingly.
5. Climax of Mughal painting:
Jahangir had a very discriminating eye and Mughal painting reached its climax of glory during his reign.
What are the main handicrafts of the people of Rajasthan?
Top 10 Historical Places in Rajasthan?
Which famous folk dance is associated with Rajasthan?
Write the dialects of Rajasthan and their region?
What is Fire Dance in Rajasthan?
Write about some Famous cattle fairs in Rajasthan?
Osian Jain Temple, Jodhpur
Write about two most famous saints in the Bhakti Movement from Rajasthan
Adi Shakti Puja
Write down the name of Prominent Freedom Fighters of Rajasthan
What are the reasons and consequences of the Battle of Tunga?
What were the contributions of Sawai Raja Jai Singh?
Explain different types of Rajasthani Paintings?
Describe about famous Lok Devis of Rajasthan (Folk Godesses)
Bala Quila, Alwar
Duleh Rai/Dulha Rao
Write short notes on the following:
1. Shahbad Fort, Baran
2. Shergarh Fort, Baran
3. Nahar Garh Fort, Baran
4. Lohagarh Fort, Bharatpur
5. Bhainsrorgarh Fort, Chittorgarh
Describe the Medieval Period of Rajasthani Literature.
Rajasthan’s handicraft have its historical and multiple importance, describe?
Expect on the relation between ruler and Samanta/feudatory after the treaty with the Mughals?
Name the Institute which is famous for the exhibiting of puppets.
In how many parts Rajasthan is divided in the sight of folk Dramas?
Which writer demonstrates the predatory history of Rajasthan?
Four dialects of Rajasthan and there region?
For which purpose Walter created the Rajput Hitkarni Sabha?
Arthuna temple Shiva art
Define the name of Terahtali Dance?
Define the contribution of Laxmi Kumari Chundawat in the field of Rajasthan literature
The importance of Sanganer, Bagru and Barmer in the field of dyeing and printing in Rajasthan?
Imported features of Satyprakash joshi’s Radha?
Short note on Blue Pottery
Short note on Anup Singh the ruler of Bikaner?
Feudatory Administrative system’s important features?
Important feature of Jantar–Mantar the astronomical observatory of Jaipur
Impact of Mughals Architect on Rajasthan’s Palaces
Describe Folk entertainment of Rajasthan Describe.
Cultural achievement of Pratap Singh
Explain gavri dance,bhawai dance,ravan hatha andrammat
Political and cultural achievement of Maharana kumbha
Main incidents happened in Bijoliya peasant movement.
Growth of women education in Rajasthan and its hurdals?
Political, Social and economic expects of Prajamandal movements.
Define the important features of Rajasthan painting along with various painting forms and schools.
Explain the various phases in the unification of Rajasthan
Raj Singh (Mewar)’s Achievements/Achievements of Raj singh
Characteristics of Folk Songs
Judicial Administration of Medieval Rajasthan
Explain the Contribution of folk deities & Saints in Society?
Beli Krishna – Rukman Ri
1- Describe the Bhakti Saints and folk Gods of medieval Rajasthan.
2- Describe the role of Praja Mandals in the socio-economic upliftment of people.
3-Throw light on the treaties signed between 1803 and 1823 between East India Company and different Rajputana Kingdoms.
4- Shakti Pooja In Rajasthan.
4(a)- Women’s political participation in Freedom Movement in Rajasthan.
4(b) – Role of Castism in Rajasthan
5- Artisan castes in Rajasthan.
6- Rajputana -Madhya Bharat Sabha.
7- Battle of Tunga. 4
8- Jaipur Art during Reign of Sawai Pratap Singh
9- Teej Tyunhara Bawdi, Le dubi Gangaur.
10- Sagar Mal Gopa.
11- Dulha Rai.
12- Mandan Suthradhar
13- Chatra Chauth
15- Kali Bai
16- Gair Dance
17- Thewa Art
19- Rajasthan Proverb is mirror of religion, Philosophy, policy, agriculture, social traditions, etc.” Explain with examples.
20- Describe various communities of Rajasthan Drawing and comment on their subject matter.
21-Describe the various popular Handicrafts of Rajasthan.
22- Describe the social structure of medieval Rajasthan.
23- Kavi Magh.
24- Merger of Ajmer-Merwara in Rajasthan.
26- Wedding Customs of Tribals.
27-Rajasthani festivals from Chaitra to Phalguna
28-Role of Rajasthan in 1857 Revolution
29- Gindar Dance
30- Bari- Padla
32- Chitra Shala
34- Saint Ranabai
35- Rasdhari Khayal
37- Tukkangira and Shah Ali
38- Pushti Marg
39- Describe the Religious Beliefs, Cults and Saints of Rajasthan.
40- Describe the contribution of Tessitorry in Dingal Literature.
41- Illustrate the peasant movements of Rajasthan before independence.
42- Contemporary Scenario of Handicrafts of Rajasthan.
43- Nana Bhai Khant and Kalibai Bheelbala.
44- Cultural contribution of Maharana Kumbha.
45- Vrihad Rajasthan.
46- Shekhawati ki Hawaiian.
47- Thakur Kushal Singh Champavat
48- Rangri tongue.
51- Sugali Mata
52- Pandit Durgalal
53- Ravan Hatta
54- Baneshwar Fair
55- Thewa Art
57 – Galiyakote
58- Lakulish Temple
60- Throw light on the historical importance and events of Bijoliya Farmers Movement of Rajasthan.
60(a) – Explain the various stages of unification of Rajasthan.
61- Famous Jain temples of Rajasthan.
62- Haveli Music
63- Chirdawi Khayal
64- Bhope of Rajasthan
65- Sclupture art of Molela.
66- Sacrifice of Krishna Kumari.
67- Motilal Tejawat.
67(a) – Describe Rajasthan’s freedom struggle of 1857
68- Bhoora Singh Shekhawat.
71- Bappa Rawal.
73- Suryamal Mishra.
76- Kallaji Rathore
79- Dr. Komal Kothari.
80- Explain the role of Folk Gods of Rajasthan in the socio-cultural development of the state.
81- Explain the role of Sangeet Natak Academy in Cultural development of Rajasthan.
82- Animal fare of Nagaur.
84- Devnarayanji ki Phad.
85- L.C. Tacitori
86- Raj Prasthi
88- Jainarayan Vyas.
89- Nirnjani Sampradaya.
90- Jan Kavi.
92- Manikya lal Verma.
93- Management of Kanhede
94- Soonhari Kothi
99- Gair Nirtya.
100- Rawan Hatha.
103. Ramgopal Singh
105- Write about the important Archaeological sites of Rajasthan.
106- Suryamal Mishran Literary activities
107- Cattle fairs in Rajasthan.
109- Matsya Union.
110- Pabuji ki Phad.
111- Sagarmala Gopa.
112- Kachi Ghodi Dance
113- Bani- Thani.
114- Battle of Khanva
115- Mithe Shah Dargah
117- Keshari Singh Baraith
118- Bhatner Fort
121- Lal Bagh
122- Goga Pir
125. Write an essay on ‘Nationalism in Rajasthan Literature.
126. What are the main problems in preserving and maintaining rich historical and cultural heritage of Rajasthan? Suggest measures.
127. Explain the salient features of folk music of Rajasthan.
128. Write the names of five freedom fighters of Rajasthan.
129. Kishangarh School of Painting.
130. Important Tourist Places in Rajasthan.
131. Kanhiyalal sethiya
132. Bishan Singh Shekhawat.
133. Kali Bangha.
134. Praja Mandal.
135. What are the main Problem in preserving and maintaining the rich historical and cultural heritage of Rajasthan? Suggest steps.
136. Write the names of main tribes of Rajasthan and explain their role in the development of Rajasthani art, culture and literature.
137. Write the name of four freedom fighters from Rajasthan.
138. Name four cattle fairs of Rajasthan and their location.
139. Veer Tejaji.
140. Mewar school of painting
141. Important Archaeological sites in Rajasthan.
141. Vijay Dhan Detha.
142. Surya mal Mishran.
143. Write an essay on ‘Nationalism in Rajasthan Literature’?
144. Discuss the main features of ‘Rajput Paintings’.
145. Evaluate the social impact of Praja Mandal Movement in Rajasthan.
146. Kishangarh School Of Painting.
147. Lal Bag.
148. Important tourist places in Rajasthan.
149. Name two places where Nagori- Bullocks are traded in cattle- fairs.
150. Name the author of following:-
(1) Raj Ballabh, (2) Prabandh Chintamani, (3) Vamsha Bhaskar, (4) Kandhe Prabandh.
151. Describe the teachings of Sunderdas.
(I) Tazim (II) Angarakha
151. (I) 30 March 1949 A.D. (II) Akbar’s visit to Ajmer.
152. Nritya Ganesh.
153. Bani Thani
154. Fire Dance.
155. Main dialect of Rajasthan
156. Write about Handicrafts of Rajasthan.
157. Freedom struggle in Rajasthan Prior to Independence.