“Safe City Surveillance” Scheme
- The Bihar government launched a “Safe City Surveillance” scheme.
- It aimed at putting a check on eve-teasing and other crimes against women at public places across the state.
- Under the scheme, CCTV cameras will be installed at public places.
- Patna will be the first district to be covered under this scheme.
- All major public places will be under the watch of CCTV cameras, which will be used for traffic management as well as crime control.
- Bihar home department will be the nodal agency for implementation of the surveillance scheme.
- The network of CCTV cameras will be connected to the control room where they will be monitored by policemen around the clock.
- The policemen in the control room will coordinate with their counterparts in field and police stations to alert them about any incidents in the area.