On July 25, 2020, the Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju announced that Haryana is to host the fourth edition of Khelo India Youth Games. The Games has been scheduled to be conducted after Tokyo Olympics.
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos
Star Sports has been signed in as the official broadcast of Khelo India Youth Games.
The GoI has been taking immense measures to keep the sports activities alive even during COVID-19 times. The Sports Authority of India transferred Rs 30,000 to the accounts of Khelo India athletes to help them during COVID-19 crisis. To achieve this, a fund of Rs 8.25 crores was allocated.
The Khelo India scheme was launched to improve sports culture in India. The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. The scheme aims to make India a good sporting nation. The GoI allocates Rs 5 lakh per annum every year over the period of 8 years.
Khelo India scheme is implemented under 12 vertical as follows:
- Play Field Development
- Community Coaching Development
- State Level Khelo India centres
- Annual Sports Competition
- Talent Search and Development
- Utilization and Creation of Sports infrastructure
- Support to national or state sports academy
- Physical fitness of school children
- Sports for women
- Promotion of sports amongst people with disabilities
- Sports for peace and development
- Promotion of rural and indigenous and tribal games.
Some Related Links: