67th BPSC History Preparation Tips – Bihar PSC History Strategy and Study Material Free PDF. 67th BPSC History Preparation Tips – Check Bihar PSC History Strategy and Study Material Free PDF. BPSC History Preparation: History as a subject can be divided into three major portions – Ancient, Medieval and Modern History wherein Modern history holds substantial weightage alone. In the recent trends of BPSC examination, the increasing number of questions from Modern India definitely should bring the focus of aspirants towards the right analysis and strategy for preparation of the subject.
History is another very vast & important subject if you’re preparing for 67th BPSC. Since the time left is less in the BPSC Prelim exam, so we should first decide how much time we can devote to it so that other subjects don’t get compromised. Questions asked are relatively easy. So, if you’ve read the History subject properly, then you would be able to solve all the questions in the BPSC PCS exam.
Candidates preparing for the BPSC exam must go through a detailed BPSC history syllabus. You can download the BPSC prelims history notes and begin your preparation. Regularly attempt BPSC mock test to test your preparation.
BPSC History Syllabus
History is a subject that is relevant for both BPSC Prelims and Mains exams. BPSC also has a history optional subject in the Mains exam. Check the complete BPSC syllabus and go through the BPSC paper pattern to get started.
BPSC History Syllabus for Prelims
The Prelims exam include Bihar’s history and major aspects of India’s history
- In History, the emphasis will be on a broad understanding of the subject in its social, economic, and political dimensions.
- The applicants should be familiar with a wide range of aspects of Bihar’s history, particularly the Indian National Movement and Bihar’s role in it.
- The nature and character of the nineteenth-century resurgence, expansion of nationalism, and accomplishment of independence will be addressed in questions about the Indian National Movement, and candidates will be expected to respond to questions about Bihar’s participation in the Indian freedom movement.
BPSC History Syllabus in Hindi
भारत और बिहार का इतिहास (बिहार के इतिहास के व्यापक पहलुओं के साथ विषय की सामान्य समझ)
- आधुनिक भारतीय इतिहास (और बिहार) – 19वीं सदी के मध्य से
- महत्वपूर्ण व्यक्तित्व – महात्मा गांधी, जवाहरलाल नेहरू और रवींद्रनाथ टैगोर
- बिहार में पश्चिमी शिक्षा और तकनीकी शिक्षा
- भारतीय राष्ट्रीय आंदोलन में बिहार की भूमिका
- संथाल विद्रोह
- 1857 का स्वतंत्रता संग्राम
- चंपारण सत्याग्रह
- भारत छोड़ो आंदोलन 1942
- मौर्य और पाल कला
- पटना कलाम पेंटिंग
BPSC History Syllabus for Mains
The BPSC Mains history position is included in General Studies Paper-1. The following topics are asked.
- Modern History of India and Indian culture
- Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement (Santhal uprising, 1857 war of independence, Champaran Satyagraha, Quit India Movement 1942)
- Mauryan and Pal Art
- Patna Kalam Paintings
BPSC History Questions
The number of questions asked every year from History. Candidates can download the BPSC question papers for Prelims & Mains to analyse the kind of history questions asked in the BPSC exam.
|Number of Questions
|Moderate to Difficult
BPSC History Preparation Strategy
History requires more understanding and interpretation. To make history interesting, it should be read as a story. History means – from the beginning of the event to the end and the chains of events are related to each other. Those preparing for History subject must study these links with concepts.
What to read?
Several books are on the market such as Bipin Chandra, Spectrum etc. however you may select any book and focus on it. Try to read that as many times as possible. In history, students seek 2 or 3 books to learn the topic in a comprehensive way. However, it is not necessary for the pupil to go into the trap and try to keep a book.
How to Read?
The history should be regularly revised so that the subject studied can be remembered in the examination. When you read the book, you should strive to produce a summary. So you don’t have to read the complete book while reviewing, but you simply have to summarise it.
The synopsis should be done so that it may easily be remembered and revised. There should therefore be a synopsis of all acts such as the Council acts, Morley Minto Act, the Montague Chelmsford Act, etc. This helps to compare them at the same time.
There are some tips for proper preparation of history, which can give you better guidance.
- Study the NCERT books from ninth to 12th closely.
- Make notes on the main points from the books of famous historians.
- Practice writing regularly which will help you to remember.
- Check the newspaper regularly as it also discusses the events of very special history on different occasions which are not generally available.
Best Book for BPSC History
Check the list of BPSC books for history listed below:
|Ancient Indian History
|India’s Ancient Past by RS Sharma (Old NCERT)
|Medieval Indian History
|A History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra (Old NCERT)
|Modern Indian History
|Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
Spectrum Modern History by Rajiv Ahir
|Art and Culture
|Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
|Lucent’s General Knowledge