Skip to content
- Union government has given the nod for a ₹658-crore two-lane tunnel road in the Anakkampoyil-Kalladi-Meppadi corridor.
- It would run parallel to the landslip-prone Thamarassery pass that links Kozhikode to Wayanad.
- On completion, the 6.5-km tunnel will be the third longest in the country.
- This alternative subterranean road would be 30-km shorter than the present ghat road.
- Approach roads and a 70-metre bridge over the Iranjipuzha river are part of the project.
- Kerala’s longest is the 962-metre tunnel at Kuthiran, between Thrissur and Palakkad.
- The Konkan Railway Corporation, which prepared the detailed project report for this project.
- Cabinet has given the nod to make available the funds of the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB) for the tunnel road.