- Barakah is the UAE first nuclear reactor.
- Barakah, means “blessing” in Arabic, it is the Arab regional first Nuclear power plant.
- Barakah was built by a consortium led by the Korea Electric Power Corporation at a cost of some $24.4 billion.
- Recently the power plant achieved its criticality; the first step towards power production.
- Criticality of a nuclear power plant – A nuclear reactor is said to be critical when the nuclear fuel inside a reactor sustains a fission chain reaction.
- Each fission reaction releases a sufficient number of neutrons to sustain a series of reactions.
- Heat is produced in the event, which is used to generate steam that spins a turbine to create electricity.
Google’s Best Books for UPSC PSC Exams
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos