It gives us immense pleasure in presenting the Delhi Current Affairs Yearbook 2020, Useful for competitive exams. This book deals with the relevant features and topics of Current affairs of State in a systematic and comprehensive manner by the use of simple and concise language for easy and quick understanding. We hope that the readers will find this book user friendly and helpful in preparation of their examinations. I look forwarded to have the views, comment, suggestions and criticism from readers which would definitely help in further improvement of the Book. I would like to heartfelt thanks to all my team members for their efforts to prepare this book. Delhi GK Yearbook 2020
Delhi Current Affairs/General Knowledge Yearbook 2020 has become an integral part of a lot of entrance exams being conducted at the graduate and under-graduate levels. It is very important for students to remain updated on the current happenings in their surroundings especially those that are important from the perspective of state. Current Affairs Yearbook 2020, a thoroughly revised, reorganised, updated and ENLARGED edition, presents a comprehensive study of all the sections that are covered under the subject of General Knowledge. The Yearbook 2020 provides the latest information & most authentic data reference material on Current Affairs and General Knowledge. It has specially been designed to cater to aspirants of various competitive exams across the state. The material has been written in a lucid language and prepared as per the requirements of the various competitive exams. Delhi GK Yearbook 2020
Current Affairs consists of latest news/ information about Delhi based on The Hindu, Indian Express, PIB, Yojana, People, Events, Ideas and Issues across the Social, Economic & Political climate of the State.
Why should you buy this Book?
Latest and Authentic information must for All Competitive Exams – The Mega Current Affairs Yearbook 2020 provides the latest information & most authentic data reference material on current Affairs and General Knowledge. It has specially been designed to cater to aspirants of various competitive exams like Civil services, and Other exams across the State/UT.
Student-Friendly Presentation – The material has been given in bulleted points wherever necessary to make the content easy to grasp. The book has ample tabular charts, mind Maps, Graphic Illustrations which further makes the learning process flexible and interesting.
Must Have for Multiple Reasons: The Current Affairs Mega Yearbook 2020 is a Must-Have book for all kinds of Objective & Descriptive Tests, Essay Writing and Group Discussions & Personal Interviews, The Delhi General Knowledge section provides crisp and to-the-point information in Geography, History, Polity, Economy, General Science, etc. which otherwise could be very exhaustive. Delhi GK Yearbook 2020
Introduction of Delhi
In Mahabharata, this land of Delhi was initially a huge mass of forests called ‘Khandavaprastha’ which was burnt down to build the Indraprastha. Below is the tabular description of the history of Delhi.
|1.||Founded in(Capital Formation)||1911|
|2.||Formation of Union Territory||1956|
|3.||Also Known As||Indraprastha|
|4.||Ruled By||Ashoka, Mauryan Emperor, Firuz Shah Tughluq, Mughals|
|5.||Major Historical Events||Delhi was the site of the magnificent and opulent Indraprastha, capital of the Pandavas in the Indian epic Mahabharata, founded around 3500 BC|
The NCT covers an area of 1,484 square kilometres. According to the census, Delhi city proper’s population was over 11 million the second-highest in India after Mumbai. Below in this table, we have described all the essential Structural and physiographical divisions of Delhi.
|1||Total Area||1,484.0 km2 (573.0 sq mi)|
|3||The rank of the state||Area wise:- 31st Population wise:-|
|4||Population Density||11,312/km2 (29,298/sq mi)|
|5||State Bounded By||Haryana on three sides Uttar Pradesh to the east|
|5||Soil & Minerals||alluvial soil|
|7||Major Crops||Paddy Field Sorghum Pearl Millet Kharif Crop Wheat Mustard Plant|
|8||Forest Area||299.77 sq. km. (20.22%)|
|9||Climate||humid subtropical climate|
|10||River||Yamuna Agra canal Hindon River Sahibi river|
|11||Dam||Delhi Dam Hart wick Dam embankment dam|
|12||Major Flora||Banyan Tree Peepal Tree Neem tree|
|13||Major Fauna||Frogs Leopards|
The Mughals ruled Delhi for a long period and the art during that period was worth seeing. Akbar’s empire has been known for work on arts and crafts. In the ancient period, the people used arts and crafts in their palaces for better lives. This is the reason why Mughals used to have Persian artists for carpet weaving and metal crafting. Let us check out the complete information about Delhi Culture and Tradition which is followed by the people of Delhi.
|1||Folk Dance||Bihu Bhangra Sambalpuri Ghumura Dance Garba Chhau|
|2||Major Festival||Holi Diwali Janmashtami Navratri Durga Puja Dussehra|
|3||Cuisine (Famous Food)||Paranthas chaat Butter chicken Kebabs Chole Bhature Biryani Nihari Rolls Momos Desserts|
|4||Traditional Dress||Women: Salwar, Suit, Duptta, Saree |
Male: Kurta, Pajama, Dhoti Kurta,
1. Union Minister for HRD Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurates 27th Edition of New Delhi World Book Fair in Pragati Maidan with Sharjah as Guest of Honour.
2. GST Council’s 32nd Meeting Held In New Delhi Under The Chairmanship Of The Union Minister Of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley
3. National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) launched by Environment minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi
4. 102 cities chosen for the implementation of NCAP: The states concerned with the implementation are 23 in number and following shows the details of respective districts in an ascending order of number of districts allotted under the programme per state:
5. Minister Ravi Shankar Inaugurates NIC Command & Control Centre at National Informatics Centre (NIC), New Delhi
6. Union Minister Harshvardhan launches special weather services for Kumbh Mela: On 14th January 2019, Union Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment and Forests and Climate Change, Dr Harshvardhan launched the special weather services for the benefit of people visiting Prayagraj during Kumbh Mela at a function in New Delhi.
7. Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley and Union Minority Affairs Minister Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated Hunar Haat exhibitions in New Delhi.
8. First Annual Disarmament and International Security Affairs Fellowship Programme inaugurated in Delhi: On 14th January 2019, the First Annual Disarmament and International Security Affairs Fellowship Programme was organised by Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi. The event will be concluded on 1st February 2019.
9. Saksham 2019, annual event of PCRA, launched by Petroleum ministry in New Delhi: On January 16, 2019, the 2019 edition of ‘Saksham’, an annual high intensity one-month long people-centric mega campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas was launched in New Delhi.
10. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) launches National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) in New Delhi
11. Niti Aayog selected McKinsey & Company to set up India’s first Digital Capability Centre in New Delhi: National Institution for Transforming India (Niti Aayog) has selected McKinsey & Company to set up India’s first Digital Capability Centre (DCC) in New Delhi. McKinsey & Company supports 5 such centres globally- in Aachen, Chicago, Singapore, Venice and Beijing. Delhi GK Yearbook 2020