MYUPSC.COM is dedicated to preparation of UPSC Civil Services and State PSC Prelims and Mains Examination 2020. we are providing here the best quality study material and Test Series for UPSC IAS Prelims and Mains Exam 2020. you can get India yearbook 2020 and State wise Current Affairs and General Knowledge Yearbook 2020. The site intends to provide free study notes, knowledge or information related to IAS/PCS exams that can help to crack these Examinations. The GRASP IAS has also published its Ebooks/ PDF on various aspects & dimensions of General Studies of World, India and all the Indian states. The vision of the Study Portal is to consolidate all the relevant information related to India, Indian States regarding its History, Geography, Polity, Art-Culture, Heritage, Economy, Environment & Biodiversity and Current Affairs etc. Current Affairs UPSC 2020-21 consist of the hindu, indian express, pib and yojana etc.
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos
- Coccolithophores are single-celled algae living in the upper layers of the world’s oceans.
- It calcifies marine phytoplankton that produces up to 40 % of open ocean calcium carbonate and responsible for 20 % of the global net marine primary productivity.
- At equilibrium, it absorbs more carbon dioxide than they produce, which is beneficial for the ocean ecosystem.
- A study led by the National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR) has found that there is a decrease in the concentration of oceanic calcium carbonate (CaCO3) in the southern Indian ocean.
- This decrease in CaCO3 is attributed to the increase in the concentration of another single-celled algae known as diatoms.
- This, in turn, will affect the growth and skeleton structure of coccolithophores, with potential significance for the world ocean ecosystem.