Current Affairs 15th October 2018
- Indian Navy inducts first deep submergence rescue vessel to rescue distressed submarines on – 13th October 2018
- The Indian Navy on October 13th, 2018 introduced its 1st Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel at its base camp in Mumbai, upgrading its operational competences. The 2nd Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel would be additional to its base in Vishakhapatnam by 2019.
- With the initiative, India united a selected list of International Naval forces with the capability to search, detect and provide aid to disaster-struck submarines at deep sea.
- The Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel can apparently be positioned at short notice for aiding submarines in distress.
- The rescue vessel, with an allied kit in fly away configuration, can be vital in quickly locating submarines done the vast expanse of sea and can be mobilised by air as well as water for rapid rescue.
- Few Deep Submergence Rescue Vessels are air transportable in huge military cargo.
- The rescue vessels have played an important role in saving lives and submarines during emergency conditions.
- Most of these are proficient of rescuing 24 people at depths of about 600 meters in one go.
- Besides rescue operation, the vessels are also positioned for numerous other missions including to lay cables on the sea bed.
SC Collegium recommends names of chief justices for- 5 high courts
The SC Collegium led by CJI Ranjan Gogoi has suggested the selection of 5 Chief Justices to the High Courts of Bombay, Calcutta, Uttarakhand, Gauhati and Sikkim. The resolutions endorsing the Chief Justices to the 5 High Courts were approved by the Supreme Court Collegium on October 9th. Besides the Chief Justice of India, the Collegium comprised of Justices Madan B Lokur and Kurian Joseph.
SC Collegium Recommendations
- Justice NH Patil is the judge, who is presently working as the Acting Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court, has been suggested to be nominated as the Chief Justice of the court. The position has been vacant since the retirement of Chief Justice Manjula Chellur in December 2017.
- Justice DK Gupta is the currently working as Acting Chief Justice of the Calcutta High Court, has also been suggested to be selected as the next Chief Justice, replacing Chief Justice Jyotirmay Bhattacharya who retired from post freshly.
- Justice Ramesh Ranganathan is the senior-most judge of the High Court of AP and Telangana at Hyderabad who also has been suggested to be nominated as Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court.
The position has been lying vacant ever since Chief Justice K.M.Joseph was promoted to the Supreme Court earlier in 2018.
- Justice AS Bopanna is the senior judge from the Karnataka High Court, who has been suggested to be nominated as the next Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court. He will replace Chief Justice Ajit Singh who freshly retired.
- Justice Vijai Kumar Bist is the senior-most judge of the Uttarakhand High Court, who has been suggested to be nominated as the next Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court. The position was vacant since the retirement of Chief Justice S.K.Agnihotri.
15 October 2018 Current Affairs Question
Question: 1 India has set an ambitious target of 175 GW renewable energy generations by the end of which year?
Question: 2 who has won Shanghai Masters Tennis tournament in 2018?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
Question: 3 Non Banking Financial Company is registered under which of the following Act?
Answer: Companies Act
Question: 4 what does IACS UDAN stand for?
Answer: International Air Connectivity Scheme UDAN
Question: 5 who among the following chairs the GST Goods & Services Tax Council?
Answer: Finance Minister
Question: 6 who is the governor of China’s central Bank, People’s Bank of China?
Answer: Yi Gang
Question: 7 IMF & World Bank annual meeting was held in which of the following country?
Question: 8 Harike Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which of the following Indian state?
Question: 9 what is the name of annual joint Army drills of India & USA?
Answer: Yudh Abhyas
Question: 10 what is the tagline of Vijaya Bank?
Answer: A friend you can Bank on