- Indian Navy expects to have the first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC-I) Vikrant operational by 2022.
- It currently operates Russian-origin carrier INS Vikramaditya
- With a second carrier to come in, the Navy is already evaluating a global tender for 57 carrier-based twin-engine fighter aircraft.
- Based on new demand, DRDO has offered to develop a twin-engine deck-based fighter for the Navy, which will be ready by 2026.
- It will replace the MiG-29Ks in service which are scheduled to start going out by 2034.
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos
Some Related Links: