MYUPSC.COM is dedicated to preparation of UPSC Civil Services and State PSC Prelims and Mains Examination 2020. we are providing here the best quality study material and Test Series for UPSC IAS Prelims and Mains Exam 2020. you can get India yearbook 2020 and State wise Current Affairs and General Knowledge Yearbook 2020. The site intends to provide free study notes, knowledge or information related to IAS/PCS exams that can help to crack these Examinations. The GRASP IAS has also published its Ebooks/ PDF on various aspects & dimensions of General Studies of World, India and all the Indian states. The vision of the Study Portal is to consolidate all the relevant information related to India, Indian States regarding its History, Geography, Polity, Art-Culture, Heritage, Economy, Environment & Biodiversity and Current Affairs etc.
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos
Eulophia obtusa – Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
- After 100 years a rare orchid species Eulophia obtusa also known as ground orchid has been rediscovered from Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
- In India the species is listed as “critically endangered” in the IUCN Red List of endangered species.
- The species was originally described from Uttarakhand in the 19th century, it was last recorded in Pilibhit in 1902.
- Later in 2008, the plant species was sighted in Bangladesh for the first time.
- It was under serious threat due to habitat loss and reduction in the number of mature individuals in Bangladesh.
Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
- It is a protected area in Uttar Pradesh.
- It shares the north-eastern boundary with Nepal, which is defined to a large extent by the Mohana River.
- The area is a vast alluvial floodplain traversed by numerous rivers and streams flowing in south-easterly direction.
- In 1987, the Dudhwa National Park was brought under the purview of the ‘Project Tiger’ as Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.