MYUPSC.COM is dedicated to preparation of UPSC Civil Services and State PSC Prelims and Mains Examination 2020. we are providing here the best quality study material and Test Series for UPSC IAS Prelims and Mains Exam 2020. you can get India yearbook 2020 and State wise Current Affairs and General Knowledge Yearbook 2020. The site intends to provide free study notes, knowledge or information related to IAS/PCS exams that can help to crack these Examinations. The Study Portal has also published its Ebooks/ PDF on various aspects & dimensions of General Studies of World, India and all the Indian states. The vision of the Study Portal is to consolidate all the relevant information related to India, Indian States regarding its History, Geography, Polity, Art-Culture, Heritage, Economy, Environment & Biodiversity and Current Affairs etc. Gangetic Dolphins
The foundation and idea behind myupsc.com is to address the useful and good quality study material in English medium for aspirants who are preparation for UPSC Indian Administrative Services (UPSC) and State PSC Exams. UPSC PSC General Studies Must Read Books for Prelims and Mains Exam.
Current Affairs Yearbook 2020: Current Affairs are essential for the preparation of the UPSC CSE & PSC examination. The UPSC, State PSC prelims and mains examination demand conceptual clarity of current affairs, Clearing the UPSC CSE & State PSC examination requires a complete, holistic and comprehensive understanding of concepts in the news and current affairs which has been provided by MYUPSC.COM in very crisp and meticulous notes covering all notable and crucial State, national and international current affairs. Gangetic Dolphins
A good understanding of current affairs is central to success in the UPSC, State PSC examination for aspirants. Since it is a strenuous and gruelling task for aspirants to cover current affairs daily and revise it well, MYUPSC.COM prepares crisp and concise notes that covers the important topics relevant from UPSC CSE examination perspective by referring daily newspapers, the Press Information Bureau (PIB), reliable sources like government magazines, for example, the Yojana and the Kurukshetra, etc. It is relevant for all freshers and veterans in the examination, as it is important to cover all aspects of a current affairs topic, which is holistically and entirely covered by MYUPSC.COM daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
Now you have made up your mind to become IAS officer and looking for the books and study materials to achieve your goal. Well, you are on the right page. Now We are Sharing With You UPSC IAS Daily Current Affairs 2020.
- The South Asian river dolphin (Platanista gangetica) is an endangered freshwater or river dolphin found in the region of Indian Subcontinent which is split into two subspecies,
- Ganges river dolphin (P. g. gangetica, ~3,500 individuals) – The Ganges river dolphin is primarily found in the Ganges and Brahmaputra Rivers and their tributaries in India, Bangladesh and Nepal
- Indus river dolphin (P. g. minor, ~1,500 individuals) – These are found only in the main channel of the Indus River in Pakistan and active channels connected to it between the Jinnah and Kotri barrages, and in the River Beas (a tributary of the Indus) in Punjab in India.
- The Ganges river dolphin has been recognized by the government of India as its National Aquatic Animal (and is the official animal of the Guwahati city, Assam.)
- This decision was taken in the first meeting of the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) chaired by then Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in 2009.
- The Indus river dolphin has been named as the National Mammal of Pakistan.
- Both Gangetic and Indus river dolphins are categorized as Endangered under IUCN red list.