The Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah distributed 100 electric potter wheels under Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana of KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission).
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos
The electric potter wheels were distributed to the marginalized potter community under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. The wheels were distributed to the artisans who were trained under Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana of KVIC.
Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana
The scheme was launched by KVIC. It reaches out to potters in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, West Bengal, Haryana, Rajasthan, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Odisha, Bihar, and Gujarat.
The scheme provides support to potters in training for advanced pottery products, market linkages and visibility through KVIC exhibitions and latest and new technology pottery equipment like that of electric Chaak.
The KVIC is a statutory body that was established in 1956 under Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act. It works under Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. It aims to plan, promote, and organize establishment and development of KVIC industries in rural areas. The three major objectives of KVIC are as follows
- Social Objective: To provide employment in rural areas
- Economic Objective: To provide saleable articles
- Wider Objective: To create self-reliance among people and build strong rural community spirit.
Some Related Links: