Ministry of Cooperation: Modi govt creates new ministry to strengthen cooperative movement. Modi government creates Ministry of Cooperation for strengthening cooperative movement: The Narendra Modi government has created a new Ministry of Cooperation with an aim to strengthen the cooperative movement in the country.
This new ministry will provide a separate administrative, legal and policy framework for strengthening the cooperative movement in the country, the government said in a press note, adding that it will help deepen cooperatives as a “true people-based movement reaching up to the grassroots”.
The ministry will work to streamline processes for ease of doing businesses for cooperatives and enable development of multi-state cooperatives (MSCS).
Reacting to PM Modi’s announcement to form a separate ‘Ministry of Cooperation’, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said that the decision will bring prosperity to agriculture and rural sector.
He said, “It has been decided to form a separate cooperative ministry to realize the dream of PM. On this unprecedented decision I express my heartfelt thanks to Narendra Modi. With this visionary decision of Modi ji, a new dawn of prosperity will come in agriculture and rural sector.”
Ministry of Cooperation: Modi govt creates new ministry
- In a historic move, a separate ‘Ministry of Co-operation’ has been created by the Modi Government for realizing the vision of ‘Sahkar se Samriddhi’.
- This ministry will provide a separate administrative, legal and policy framework for strengthening the cooperative movement in the country.
- It will help deepen Co-operatives as a true people based movement reaching upto the grassroots.
- In our country, a Co-operative based economic development model is very relevant where each member works with a spirit of responsibility.
- The Ministry will work to streamline processes for ‘Ease of doing businesses for co-operatives and enable development of Multi-State Co-operatives (MSCS).
- The Central Government has signaled its deep commitment to community based developmental partnership. Creation of a separate Ministry for Co-operation also fulfils the budget announcement made by the Finance Minister.