- Union Minister for Women and Child Development launched a web portal, NARI (National Repository of Information for Women), which will provide information on all government schemes for women.
- Users can log on to http://www.nari.nic.into access information on different programmes offered by various state governments as well as the Centre.
- The NARI portal carries details on 350 different schemes for women.
- The schemes are divided into seven different categories — education, health, employment, housing and shelter, addressing violence, decision making and social support.
- In this Portal Website for NGOs called e-SAMVAD, an interactive portal allowing NGOs to contact the ministry and share their feedback, suggestions grievances and their best practices.
- The move aims at improving security for women by providing them a tool to alert the local police.
- NARI will provide information to women on issues affecting their lives. There are tips on good nutrition, suggestions for health check ups, information on major diseases, tips for job search and interview, investment and savings advice, information on crimes and against women and reporting procedures, contacts of legal aid cells, simplified adoption procedures and much more.
- It will endow women with the power of information to build their life skills and facilitates them in taking full advantage of the services provided by the Government for them.