Part of: GS Prelims and Mains II – India and China relations; Multilateral fora
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos
- India has made it clear to China that it will not be business as usual until there is a complete disengagement along the LAC.
- However, India’s engagement with China on multilateral for a like Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa (BRICS), Russia-India-China (RIC) and Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) were expected to continue.
- External Affairs Minister to attend Foreign Ministers’ meetings of BRICS and SCO due to be held next month.
- Russia, which is hosting this year’s summits, has proposed September 10 for the meetings for both.
The MEA said both sides agreed that “early and complete disengagement of the troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and de-escalation from India-China border areas in accordance with bilateral agreement and protocols and full restoration of peace and tranquillity was essential for smooth overall development of bilateral relations.”
Some Related Links: