MYUPSC.COM is dedicated to preparation of UPSC Civil Services and State PSC Prelims and Mains Examination 2020. we are providing here the best quality study material and Test Series for UPSC IAS Prelims and Mains Exam 2020. you can get India yearbook 2020 and State wise Current Affairs and General Knowledge Yearbook 2020. The site intends to provide free study notes, knowledge or information related to IAS/PCS exams that can help to crack these Examinations. The Study Portal has also published its Ebooks/ PDF on various aspects & dimensions of General Studies of World, India and all the Indian states. The vision of the Study Portal is to consolidate all the relevant information related to India, Indian States regarding its History, Geography, Polity, Art-Culture, Heritage, Economy, Environment & Biodiversity and Current Affairs etc. One Nation One Ration Card
The foundation and idea behind myupsc.com is to address the useful and good quality study material in English medium for aspirants who are preparation for UPSC Indian Administrative Services (UPSC) and State PSC Exams. UPSC PSC General Studies Must Read Books for Prelims and Mains Exam.
Current Affairs Yearbook 2020: Current Affairs are essential for the preparation of the UPSC CSE & PSC examination. The UPSC, State PSC prelims and mains examination demand conceptual clarity of current affairs, Clearing the UPSC CSE & State PSC examination requires a complete, holistic and comprehensive understanding of concepts in the news and current affairs which has been provided by MYUPSC.COM in very crisp and meticulous notes covering all notable and crucial State, national and international current affairs. One Nation One Ration Card
A good understanding of current affairs is central to success in the UPSC, State PSC examination for aspirants. Since it is a strenuous and gruelling task for aspirants to cover current affairs daily and revise it well, MYUPSC.COM prepares crisp and concise notes that covers the important topics relevant from UPSC CSE examination perspective by referring daily newspapers, the Press Information Bureau (PIB), reliable sources like government magazines, for example, the Yojana and the Kurukshetra, etc. It is relevant for all freshers and veterans in the examination, as it is important to cover all aspects of a current affairs topic, which is holistically and entirely covered by MYUPSC.COM daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
Now you have made up your mind to become IAS officer and looking for the books and study materials to achieve your goal. Well, you are on the right page. Now We are Sharing With You UPSC IAS Daily Current Affairs 2020.
One Nation One Ration Card
- One Nation One Ration Card (RC) will ensure all beneficiaries especially migrants can access PDS across the nation from any PDS shop of their own choice.
- The objective of the scheme is no poor person should be deprived of getting subsidized food grains under the food security scheme when they shift from one place to another.
- It also aims to remove the chance of anyone holding more than one ration card to avail benefits from different states.
- This will provide freedom to the beneficiaries as they will not be tied to any one PDS shop and reduce their dependence on shop owners and curtail instances of corruption.
- A standard format for ration card has been prepared after taking into account the format used by different states.
- For national portability, the state governments have been asked to issue the ration card in bi-lingual format, wherein besides the local language, the other language could be Hindi or English.
- The states have also been told to have a 10-digit standard ration card number, wherein first two digits will be state code and the next two digits will be running ration card numbers.
- Besides this, a set of another two digits will be appended with ration card number to create unique member IDs for each member of the household in a ration card.
- Under the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ initiative, eligible beneficiaries would be able to avail their entitled food grains under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) from any Fair Price Shop in the country using the same ration card.
- The food ministry is aiming to implement this facility across the country from June 1 2020.
- Recently five states has joined ration card portability namely, Bihar, Punjab, UP, Himachal and Daman and Diu.
- They have been integrated with the ‘one nation, one ration card’ scheme.
- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Jharkhand and Tripura are 12 states where ration card portability has been implemented.
- The beneficiaries can lift 50 per cent of their entitlement.
- About 60 crore beneficiaries from 17 states and UTs can benefit from the ration card portability and they can purchase the subsidized food grains using the existing ration cards.
- Recently, the Supreme Court had asked the Centre to consider the feasibility of ‘temporarily’ adopting the ‘one nation, one ration card’ scheme during the ongoing coronavirus lockdown period to enable the migrant workers and economically weaker sections (EWS) get subsidized food grain.