UPSC IAS Prelims Exam 2019 Important Govt Schemes
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses. PMBJP stores have been set up to provide generic drugs, which are available at lesser prices but are equivalent in quality and efficacy as expensive branded drugs. It was launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals in November 2008 under the name Jan Aushadhi Campaign. Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) is the implementation agency for PMBJP.
Vision: To bring down the healthcare budget of every citizen of India through providing Quality generic Medicines at Affordable Prices.
- Create awareness among the public regarding generic medicines.
- Create demand for generic medicines through medical practitioners.
- Create awareness through education and awareness program that high price need not be synonymous with high quality.
- Provide all the commonly used generic medicines covering all the therapeutic groups.
- Provide all the related health care products too under the scheme.
Making quality medicines available at affordable prices for all, particularly the poor and disadvantaged, through exclusive outlets Jan Aushadhi Medical Store” so as to reduce out of pocket expenses in healthcare