Rajasthan has launched a new School of Public Health. The school was launched in order to make the policy intervention to build the public health capacity and skills. It will also help in bridging the gaps between education and practices in Rajasthan.
- It is expected that the school will play an important role in the healthcare management after the state is completely recovered from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The school has been named after the Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR).
- D. Gupta has been appointed as the chairman of the school.
- The chairman will provide the technical support to health systems and help the state government in harnessing the new technologies.
- The digital health technology and evaluation of surveillance mechanisms are the significance features of the school. These features will help the policy makers to identify the challenges and to bring the changes. This will help in ensuring “equity and inclusion” in public health.
The school of Public Health has taken up a study on non-communicable diseases, climate change and antimicrobial resistance in the first instance of its project. The project was undertaken in order to identify priority areas in public healthcare. Study will be conducted if the data analytics and artificial intelligence are the segments for the public health sector or not.
The science and art of preventing disease is called as Public Health. This science helps in prolonging life and improving the quality of life through the organized efforts and informed choices of society, different public & private organizations, communities and individuals. Public Health analyses the determinants of health and the threats faced by the population. This concept incorporates the physical, psychological, and social well-being. The World Bank Organization says, the public health is not only the absence of disease or infirmity but a resource for everyday living.