General Studies Paper-II
RPSC RAS/RTS Mains Exam Paper –II
General Knowledge and General Studies
Unit I- Administrative Ethics
- Ethics and Human Values: Lesson from lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators. Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Ethical concept-Rit and Rin, concept of Duties, concept of Good and Virtues.
- Ethics in private and public relationships- Behaviour, Moral and Political attitudes of administrators – Philosophical basis of Integrity.
- Ethics of Bhagavad Geeta and its role in Administration.
- Gandhian Ethics.
- Contribution of Moral Thinkers and Philosophers from India.
- Psycho-Stress Management.
- Case Studies.
- Emotional Intelligence – Concepts and their Utilities.
Unit II- General Science & Technology
- Nanotechnology: -Concept and its application; Nano Mission of India.
- Nuclear technology: – Basic concept, radioactivity and its applications, different types of nuclear reactors, civilian and military uses. Institutional structure for development of nuclear technology in India.
- Telecommunication :- Basic concept, Telecom application for socio-economic development of masses, Indian telecom industry with brief history, National
- Telecom Policy and TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
- Electromagnetic waves, communication systems, basics of computers, uses of information technology, e-governance and e-commerce in administration.
- Defence :- Types of missiles with reference to the India Missile Programme;
- Various chemical and biological weapons ; Role of DRDO in various fields
- States of Matter
- Allotropes of carbon.
- pH Scale and importance of pH in daily life.
- Corrosion and its prevention
- Soap and Detergents – Cleansing action of soap.
- Polymers and their uses
- General awareness of digestive, respiratory, circulatory, excretory, coordination and reproductive system of Humans
- Application of Biotechnology and concerned Ethical and Intellectual Property Right Issues.
- Food and Human Health : General Awareness of Balanced and Unbalanced Food, Malnutrition, Intoxicants, Blood, Blood Group and Immunity (Antigen, Antibodies), Blood Transfusion, Immunization & Vaccination.
- Human diseases: Communicable & Non Communicable Diseases, Acute and Chronic Diseases; Causes and Prevention of Infectious, Genetic and Lifestyle Disease.
- Water quality and water purification.
- Public Health Initiatives with special reference to the State of Rajasthan.
- Contribution of Indian Scientists in Science and Technology.
- Ecosystem: Structure and Function.
- Atmosphere : Composition and Basic nutrient cycling (Nitrogen, Carbon and Water Cycles)
- Climate Change; Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy.
- Environmental Pollution and Degradation; Waste Management.
- Biodiversity and its conservation with special reference to the state of Rajasthan.
- Water Conservation with special reference to the Traditional Systems in the State of Rajasthan.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special Reference to Rajasthan
Unit III- Earth Science (Geography & Geology)
Part A- World
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes and Glaciers
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Types, distribution and their impact
- Earth and its Geological time scale.
- Current Geopolitical Problems.
Part B- India
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes and Glaciers.
- Major Physio-graphic divisions of India.
- Climate- Origin of Monsoon, Seasonal Climatic conditions, Distribution of rainfall and climatic regions,
- Natural Resources: (a) Water, Forest, Soil
(b) Rocks & Mineral: Types and their uses
- Population: Growth, Distribution and Density, Sex-ratio, Literacy, urban and Rural Population.
Part C- Rajasthan
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers and Lakes.
- Major Physio-graphic Regions.
- Natural Vegetation and Climate.
- Livestock, Wildlife and its Conversation.
- Agriculture- Major Crops.
- Mineral Resources: (i) Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution and Industrial uses and their conservation. (ii)Non-Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution and Industrial uses and their conservation
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non-conventional
- Population and Tribes.