RAS Mains Exam Paper-2 General Science & Technology: The General Science section is an essential component of the Prelims and Mains exams and covers a vast range of topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Environmental Science. To prepare for this section, aspirants need comprehensive and well-organized RAS Science notes that cover all the essential topics.
The RPSC RAS Exam Pattern 2023 consists of three stages:
- RAS Preliminary Examination – 1 Paper – Objective Type (MCQs) – 200 Marks.
- RAS Mains Examination – 4 Papers – Descriptive – 800 Marks
- RAS Interview/Personality Test – 100 Marks
Unit II- General Science & Technology
General Science & Technology Study Notes as per syllabus
- Nanotechnology: – Concept and its application; Nano Mission of India.
- Nuclear technology: – Basic concept, radioactivity and its applications, different types of nuclear reactors, civilian and military uses.
- Institutional structure for development of nuclear technology in India.
- Telecommunication :- Basic concept, Telecom application for socio-economic development of masses, Indian telecom industry with brief history, National Telecom Policy and TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
- Electromagnetic waves, communication systems, basics of computers, uses of Information technology, e-governance and e-commerce in administration.
- Defence: – Types of missiles with reference to the India Missile Programme; Various chemical and biological weapons; Role of DRDO in various fields (other than weapons).
- States of Matter
- Allotropes of carbon.
- pH Scale and importance of pH in daily life.
- Corrosion and its prevention
- Soap and Detergents – Cleansing action of soap.
- Polymers and their uses
- General awareness of digestive, respiratory, circulatory, excretory, coordination and reproductive system of Humans
- Application of Biotechnology and concerned Ethical and Intellectual Property Right Issues.
- Food and Human Health : General Awareness of Balanced and Unbalanced Food, Malnutrition, Intoxicants, Blood, Blood Group and Immunity (Antigen, Antibodies), Blood Transfusion, Immunization & Vaccination.
- Human diseases: Communicable & Non Communicable Diseases, Acute and Chronic Diseases; Causes and Prevention of Infectious, Genetic and Lifestyle Disease.
- Water quality and water purification.
- Public Health Initiatives with special reference to the State of Rajasthan.
- Contribution of Indian Scientists in Science and Technology.
- Ecosystem: Structure and Function.
- Atmosphere : Composition and Basic nutrient cycling (Nitrogen, Carbon and Water Cycles)
- Climate Change; Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy.
- Environmental Pollution and Degradation; Waste Management.
- Biodiversity and its conservation with special reference to the state of Rajasthan.
- Water Conservation with special reference to the Traditional Systems in the State of Rajasthan.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.