RPSC RAS Mains Exam Test -5
May 3, 2019
Paper – I General Knowledge and General Studies
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major landmarks in the History of Rajasthan from Pre-historic time to close of 18th Century, Important dynasties, their administrative and revenue system.
- Salient events of 19th& 20th centuries: Peasant & Tribal Movements.
- Political Awakening, Freedom Movement and Integration.
- Heritage of Rajasthan: Performing & fine Art, Handicraft and Architecture; Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dance
- Important works of Rajasthani Literature and Dialects of Rajasthan.
- Saints , Lok Devtas and eminent personalities of Rajasthan
Indian History & Culture
- Indian heritage: Fine Art, Performing Art, Architecture & Literature from Indus Civilization to British Era.
- Religious Movements and religious philosophy in Ancient and Medieval India.
- History of Modern India from beginning of 19th Century to 1965 AD: Significant events, personalities and issues
- Indian National Movement- Its various stages & streams, important contributors and contribution from different parts of the country
- Socio-religious Reform Movements in 19th and 20th Century
- Post Independence consolidation and reorganisation – Accession of princely states & Linguistic reorganisation of the states
Part C – History of Modern World (up to 1950AD)
- Renaissance and Reformation.
- Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution
- Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa
- Impact of World Wars
Unit II- ECONOMICS
Part A- Indian Economy
- Major Sectors of Economy: Agriculture, Industry & Service- Current Status, Issues and Initiatives
- Banking: Concept of Money supply & High Powered Money. Role and Functions of Central Bank & Commercial Banks, issues of NPA, Financial Inclusion. Monetary Policy- Concept, objectives & Instruments
- Public Finance: Tax reforms in India- Direct & Indirect, subsidies- Cash Transfer and other related issues. Recent Fiscal Policy of India
- Recent Trends in Indian Economy: Role of Foreign Capital, MNCs, PDS, FDI, Exim Policy, 12th Finance Commission, Poverty alleviation schemes.
Part B- World Economy
- Global Economic issues and trends: Role of World Bank, IMF & WTO.
- Concept of Developing, Emerging and Developed countries.
- India in global Scenario
Part C- Economy of Rajasthan
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Industrial Sector- Growth and recent trends.
- Growth, Development & Planning with special reference to Rajasthan. Recent development and issues in service sector of Rajasthan.
- Major Development Projects of Rajasthan- their objectives and impact.
- Public Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in Rajasthan.
- Demographic Scenario of the State and its impact on Rajasthan Economy.
Unit III- SOCIOLOGY, MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Part A- Sociology
- Development of Sociological Thought in India Social Values
- Caste Class & Occupation
- Varna, Ashram, Purusharthas and Sanskar Vyavastha
- Issues and Problems of Society.
- Tribal community of Rajasthan: Bhil, Mina (Meena) and Garasia.
Part B- Management
- Management – Scope, concept, functions of Management – Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Direction, Coordination and Control, Decision-Making: concept, process and techniques.
- Modern concept of Marketing, Marketing Mix Product, Price, Place and Promotion
- Objective, concept of maximization of wealth, Sources of Finance – Short and Long term, Capital Structure, Cost of Capital
- Concept and Main theories of Leadership and Motivation, Communication
- Basics of recruitment, selection, induction, training & development and appraisal system
Part C- Business Administration
- Techniques of analysis of Financial statements, Basics of Working Capital Management
- Responsibility and Social Accounting Meaning
- Objectives of Auditing, Internal Control, Social, Performance and Efficiency Audit. Basics of different types of Budgeting, Budgetary control
General Knowledge and General Studies
Unit I- Administrative Ethics
- Ethics and Human Values: Lesson from lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators. Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Ethical concept-Rit and Rin, concept of Duties, concept of Good and Virtues.
- Ethics in private and public relationships- Behaviour, Moral and Political attitudes of administrators – Philosophical basis of Integrity.
- Ethics of Bhagavad Geeta and its role in Administration.
- Gandhian Ethics.
- Contribution of Moral Thinkers and Philosophers from India.
- Psycho-Stress Management.
- Case Studies.
- Emotional Intelligence – Concepts and their Utilities.
Unit II- General Science & Technology
- Nanotechnology: -Concept and its application; Nano Mission of India.
- Nuclear technology: – Basic concept, radioactivity and its applications, different types of nuclear reactors, civilian and military uses. Institutional structure for development of nuclear technology in India.
- Telecommunication :- Basic concept, Telecom application for socio-economic development of masses, Indian telecom industry with brief history, National
- Telecom Policy and TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
- Electromagnetic waves, communication systems, basics of computers, uses of information technology, e-governance and e-commerce in administration.
- Defence :- Types of missiles with reference to the India Missile Programme;
- Various chemical and biological weapons ; Role of DRDO in various fields
- States of Matter
- Allotropes of carbon.
- pH Scale and importance of pH in daily life.
- Corrosion and its prevention
- Soap and Detergents – Cleansing action of soap.
- Polymers and their uses
- General awareness of digestive, respiratory, circulatory, excretory, coordination and reproductive system of Humans
- Application of Biotechnology and concerned Ethical and Intellectual Property Right Issues.
- Food and Human Health : General Awareness of Balanced and Unbalanced Food, Malnutrition, Intoxicants, Blood, Blood Group and Immunity (Antigen, Antibodies), Blood Transfusion, Immunization & Vaccination.
- Human diseases: Communicable & Non Communicable Diseases, Acute and Chronic Diseases; Causes and Prevention of Infectious, Genetic and Lifestyle Disease.
- Water quality and water purification.
- Public Health Initiatives with special reference to the State of Rajasthan.
- Contribution of Indian Scientists in Science and Technology.
- Ecosystem: Structure and Function.
- Atmosphere : Composition and Basic nutrient cycling (Nitrogen, Carbon and Water Cycles)
- Climate Change; Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy.
- Environmental Pollution and Degradation; Waste Management.
- Biodiversity and its conservation with special reference to the state of Rajasthan.
- Water Conservation with special reference to the Traditional Systems in the State of Rajasthan.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special Reference to Rajasthan
Unit III- Earth Science (Geography & Geology)
Part A- World
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes and Glaciers
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Types, distribution and their impact
- Earth and its Geological time scale.
- Current Geopolitical Problems.
Part B- India
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Lakes and Glaciers.
- Major Physio-graphic divisions of India.
- Climate- Origin of Monsoon, Seasonal Climatic conditions, Distribution of rainfall and climatic regions,
- Natural Resources: (a) Water, Forest, Soil
(b) Rocks & Mineral: Types and their uses
- Population: Growth, Distribution and Density, Sex-ratio, Literacy, urban and Rural Population.
Part C- Rajasthan
- Broad Physical Features: Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers and Lakes.
- Major Physio-graphic Regions.
- Natural Vegetation and Climate.
- Livestock, Wildlife and its Conversation.
- Agriculture- Major Crops.
- Mineral Resources: (i) Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution and Industrial uses and their conservation. (ii)Non-Metallic Minerals- Types, distribution and Industrial uses and their conservation
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non-conventional
- Population and Tribes.
RAS/RTS Mains Exam General Studies Paper-3
Paper-III General Knowledge and General Studies
- Indian Constitution: Framing, Features, Amendments, Basic Structure.
- Ideological Contents: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
- Institutional framework- I: Parliamentary System, President, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Parliament.
- Institutional Framework- II: Federalism, Centre-State relations, Supreme Court, High Courts, Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
- Institutional Framework- III: Election Commission of India, Comptroller and Auditor General, Union Public Service Commission, NITI Aayog, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Information Commission, National Human Rights Commission
- Political Dynamics: Role of Cast, Religion, Class, Ethnicity, Language and Gender in Indian Politics, Political Parties and Electoral Behaviour, Civil Society and Political Movement, Issues related to National Integrity and Security. Potential areas of Socio-Political conflicts
- State Politics of Rajasthan: Party System, Political Demography, Different phases of Political competition in Rajasthan, Panchayati Raj and Urban self Government Institutions
- Emerging World Order in the post Cold War era, USA’s hegemony and its resistance, UN and Regional Organizations, International Terrorism and Environmental issues.
- Foreign Policy of India: Evolution, Determinants, India’s relations with USA, China, Russia and European Union, India’s role in UN, NAM, BRICS, G- 20, G- 77 and SAARC.
- Geo-political and Strategic development in South Asia, South East Asia and West Asia and their impact on India.
- Current Affairs: Current events, persons and places of Rajasthan, National and international importance, recent activities related to games and sports.
Unit II- Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Administration and management: Meaning, nature and significance. Its role in developed & developing societies. Evolution of Public Administration as a discipline, new public administration, Theories of public administration.
- Concepts of power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility and delegation.
- Principles of organization: Hierarchy, Span of control and unity of command
- Functions of management, Corporate governance and social responsibility
- New dimensions of public management, management of change.
- Aptitude and foundational values of civil services: integrity, impartiality, and non partisanship, dedication to public service, relationship between generalists and specialists.
- Legislative & Judicial control over administration: various methods and techniques of legislative & judicial control.
- Administrative setup, administrative culture in Rajasthan: Governor, Chief Minister, Council of Ministers, State Secretariat and Chief Secretary.
- District administration: organization, role of District Collector and Superintendent of Police, Sub-divisional and Tehsil administration.
- Development Administration: Meaning, Scope and Characteristics.
- State Human Rights Commission, State Election Commission, Lokayukta, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, Public Service Guarantee Act, 2011.
Unit III- Sports and Yoga, Behavior and Law
Part A- Sports and Yoga
- Sports Policies of India.
- Rajasthan State Sports Council.
- National Awards of Sports.
- (Arjuna Award, Dronacharya Award, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award,
- Maharana Pratap Award etc.)
- Yoga – Positive way of Life.
- Eminent Players of India.
- First Aid in Sports.
- Participation of Indian Atheletes in Olympics and Para-Olympic Games.
Part B – Behavior
- Intelligence: Cognitive intelligence, Social intelligence, Emotional intelligence, Cultural intelligence and Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligence
- Personality: Psychoanalytical theories, Trait and Type theories, Determinants of personality and Assessment of personality.
- Learning and Motivation: styles of learning, Models of memory, causes of forgetting. Classification and types of motives, Theories of work motivation, Assessment of motivation
- Meeting Life Challenges: Stress: Nature, type, Sources, Symptoms, Effects, Stress Management, Promotion of Positive health and well being.
- Concepts of Law: Ownership and possession, Personality, Liability, Rights and Duties.
- Contemporary Legal issues: Right to information, Information technology law including cyber laws (concepts, purpose, prospects), Intellectual Property Rights (concepts, types, purpose, prospects)
- Crimes against Women and Children: Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment the work place, the protection of children from sexual offenses Act 2012, Laws related to child labour.
- Important Land Laws in Rajasthan: Rajasthan Land Revenue Act, 1956; Rajasthan Tenancy Act, 1955
UPSC IAS Prelims 2020
- Ancient History of Rajasthan
- Art and Culture-Rajasthan
- Current Affairs-India
- Current Affairs-Rajasthan
- Current-Question Bank
- Daily Current Affairs
- Daily MCQ
- Daily Practice Question
- Economy of India
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Economy Question Bank
- Electrical Engineering
- Environment Question Bank
- General Knowledge
- General Studies
- Geography of India
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Geography Question Bank
- History of India
- History of Rajasthan
- History Question Bank
- IAS Prelims 2019
- IAS Prelims 2020
- IAS Prelims Result
- IAS Prelims Test Series
- Indian Polity
- Latest Govt Scheme
- Polity of Rajasthan
- Polity Question Bank
- Previous year solved paper
- Public Administration Paper-3
- Public Administration Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Daily MCQ Test
- Rajasthan GK
- Rajasthan GK Practice MCQ
- RAS Mains
- RAS Mains Sociology Test
- RAS Mains Test Series
- RAS Prelims
- Science and Technology
- Sports & Yoga
- Test Series
- UPSC IAS Mains
- UPSC Prelims 2020
- World Geography
- RPSC RAS Mains Exam 2018-19 Question Paper
- UPSC IAS Mains: Natural Resources in India & World
- UPSC IAS Mains: Political philosophies like communism capitalism and socialism
- UPSC IAS Mains: Poverty and Developmental Issues
- UPSC IAS Prelims 2019 Result declared
- UPSC IAS Mains: Population and Associated Issues
- UPSC IAS Mains: Urbanization Their Problems and Their Remedies
- UPSC IAS Mains: earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone
- UPSC IAS Mains: Effects of Globalisation on Indian Society
- UPSC IAS Mains: Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism
- Salient features of world’s physical geography
- UPSC IAS Prelims Exam 2020 Weekly Test-2
- Half Yearly Current Affairs Question Bank: January – July 2019
- Economic Survey 2019: Key Highlights & Facts of the Economic Survey 2019
- Economy of Rajasthan Complete Study Material with Practice Questions
- Rajasthan History Complete Study Book with Practice Questions
- UPSC Prelims Last 10 Years Solved Questions GS Paper-I
- Indian Economy: UPSC Prelims Previous Year Solved Questions
- Indian History Previous Year UPSC Prelims Question Bank
- Polity & Constitution: UPSC IAS Prelims Previous Year Solved Questions
- Geography Solved Questions asked in UPSC IAS Prelims Previous Exams
- General Studies Practice Test -3
- Test Series: UPSC IAS Prelims Exam 2020
- Vision IAS Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- General Studies Test – 3
- Rajasthan GK – Test 3
- General Studies Practice Test-2
- Rajasthan GK – Test 2
- UPSC Prelims 2019 Question Topics – 100 Areas from which UPSC Framed Questions
- General Studies Practice Test-1
- Rajasthan Gk Test-1
- Current Affairs MCQ from January – July 2019 for All Competitive Exams
- National Parks in Rajasthan
- Wildlife and its Conservation in Rajasthan
- BREEDS OF GOAT LIVESTOCK IN RAJASTHAN
- Breeds of Cow – Livestock in Rajasthan
- Cattle and Buffalo Breeds of Rajasthan
- Thar the Great Indian desert
- Semi-Arid Transitional Plain or Rajasthan Bagar
- Mountains, Peaks and Aravalli Ranges- Geography of Rajasthan
- Introduction:Geography of Rajasthan
- India and Tropic of Cancer
- UPSC IAS PRELIMS ANSWER KEY 2019 WITH SOLUTION
- OPERATION GREENS
- Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019
- HIV/AIDS ACT
- Women’s Reservation Bill
- Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- “Safe City Surveillance” Scheme
- National Register of Citizens
- Cauvery Water Dispute Verdict
- Article 35A
- Mission Antyodaya
- Chakma and Hajong Refugees
- NITI Aayog releases Strategy for New India @ 75
- Global Skills Park (GSP) in Madhya Pradesh
- World Custom Organization
- North East Industrial Development Scheme (NEIDS)
- India to Chair Kimberley Process
- 250-Important topics for UPSC IAS Prelims Exam 2019
- (MCQ) Current Affairs April-June 2019
- The Ochre Colored Pottery or OCP culture: Ancient History of Rajasthan
- Ahar – Banas Culture of Rajasthan
- Ancient Civilizations of Rajasthan
- Archaeological Sites in Rajasthan: Ancient History
- Gupta Period: Ancient History of Rajasthan
- Mauryan Period: Ancient History of Rajasthan
- Mahajanapadas of Rajasthan: Ancient History of Rajasthan
- Stone Age: Ancient History of Rajasthan
- Economy of Rajasthan Study Notes with Practice MCQ
- Lakes in Rajasthan: Geography of Rajasthan
- River system: Geography of Rajasthan
- Humidity in Rajasthan: Geography of Rajasthan
- Classification and distribution of soils in Rajasthan
- Distribution of Rainfall in Rajasthan: Geography of Rajasthan
- Weather Seasons of Rajasthan: Geography of Rajasthan
- Temperature Variation in Rajasthan: Geography of Rajasthan
- Climate and Climatic Regions of Rajasthan: Geography of Rajasthan
- Plains of Rajasthan: Geography of Rajasthan
- Aravalli Range & Hilly Region: Geography of Rajasthan
- Southeastern Rajasthan Pathar or Hadoti Plateau: Geography of Rajasthan
- Western Sandy Plains: Geography of Rajasthan
- IAS Prelims 2019: Shubhra Ranjan Economy MCQ with Explanation
- (PDF) Historical Places of Rajasthan : State Gazetteer
- (PDF) Public Administration and welfare of Rajasthan : State Gazetteer
- (PDF) Economic Structure of Rajasthan : State Gazetteer
- (PDF) History and Culture of Rajasthan: State Gazetteer
- (PDF) Land and The People of Rajasthan: State Gazetteer
- (PDF) RPSC RAS Mains Exam Free Yoga ebook
- RAS Mains Exam : Springboard Solved Test Papers in Hindi
- RAS Mains Exam : Springboard Solved Test Paper in English
- PT 365 Vision IAS: Economy for UPSC Prelims 2019
- PT 365 Vision IAS: Environment and Ecology for UPSC Prelims 2019
- PT 365 Vision IAS: Polity and Constitution for UPSC Prelims 2019
- PT 365 Vision IAS: Science and Technology for UPSC Prelims 2019
- PT 365 Vision IAS: Government Schemes for UPSC Prelims 2019
- (PDF) Current Affairs MCQ April-May 2019 for All Competitive Exams
- Daily Current Affairs 1-9 May 2019