- SBM Bank India, EnKash, YAP and RuPay joined hands today(23 July 2020) to launch India’s most comprehensive business credit card, the SBM EnKash RuPay Business Card.
- This corporate credit card would utilise the RuPay network and will be available upon immediate issuance through digital and paperless on-boarding for SMEs, MSMEs and Start-ups at any SBM Bank touch point.
SBM Bank India
- SBM Bank is the first Foreign Bank to receive the license to set up universal banking business in India through Wholly Owned Subsidiary (WOS) mode.
- RuPay is a domestic card payment scheme, conceived and launched by the National Payments Corporation of India on 26 March 2012.
National Payments Corporation of India
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) was incorporated in 2008 as an umbrella organization for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- It has changed the way payments are made in India through a bouquet of retail payment products such as RuPay card, Immediate Payment Service (IMPS), Unified Payments Interface (UPI), Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM), BHIM Aadhaar, National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC Fastag) and Bharat BillPay.
- EnKash- as a B2B Fintech, started with an objective of increasing spends, penetration and distribution through cards. As the country’s fastest growing B2B fintech today, EnKash provides state-of-the-art Commercial Card issuance mechanism, as well as accelerate spends module to multiple banks and financial institutions in the country.
- YAP is the leading API infrastructure company that helps businesses to connect and roll out their own branded products. The company works with banks and financial institutions as product providers and offers end-to-end program management services over a bundle of API’s that covers, Bank Accounts, Term deposits and a wide gamut of payments products including Debit, Credit, Prepaid, Travel card, QR, UPI, NETC toll payments.
- API stands for — application programming interface.
- An application programming interface is a computing interface which defines interactions between multiple software intermediaries.
Question : Which bank is the first Foreign Bank to receive the license to set up universal banking business in India through Wholly Owned Subsidiary (WOS) mode ?
(d) None of the above
Some Related Links: