The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), which is India’s premier recruitment agency, conducts a lot of exams, out of which the civil services examination (CSE) is the most popular one. The UPSC CSE is conducted to recruit candidates for Grade A administrative posts in India, similarly, the State Public Service Commission (State PSC) conducts the provincial civil services (PCS) exam to recruit candidates in respective states.
In India, every state has a constitutionally mandated (Articles 315 – 323) public service commission for matters related to recruitment, transfers and disciplinary actions.
Preparation tips for State PSC exams
Candidates can check the preparation tips for the State PSC exams 2022:
- Refer to the syllabus and exam pattern as mentioned in the official notification.
- Download previous year question papers to practice them.
- Refer to the best books such as NCERT books, reference books and other useful study material.
- Read newspapers and magazines for current affairs and daily matters.
- Give mock tests and do answer writing practice for the exam well in advance.
- Showcase sheer dedication, perseverance and strong will power while preparing for the state PSC exams as the competition is very stiff due to a lot of candidates applying for it.
- Give mock tests on a regular basis to assess your performance.