UKPSC (Uttarakhand Public Service Commission) Exam 2022 Preparation: UKPSC conducts various competitive examinations every year in the Uttarakhand State. The official notification regarding the examination is available on the official website of the commission, i.e., ukpsc.gov.in
For cracking the UKPSC examination, one needs to go with strategic planning full dedication. To start preparing for the examination, the first thing which is required is to have full focus on the particular exam. The notification regarding UKPSC 2022 examination will be updated on the official website of the commission. Below are also given some of the section-wise preparation tips for the exam.
UKPSC Exam 2022 Preparation
For Uttarakhand Public Service Commission, one necessarily must know about the new Uttarakhand Public Service Commission Exam Pattern. To get recruited through Uttarakhand Public Service Commission, the students are required to clear the three very necessary parts which are as follows.
- UKPSC Prelims Exam
- UKPSC Mains Exam
UKPSC Exam Pattern 2022 Prelims
- The prelims examination will consist of two papers of objective type questions. This examination is suggested to serve as screening only. Based on numbers obtained in this examination, the student is declared efficient for mains examination.
- The last selection list will be prepared only based on marks obtained in the mains examination and Interview.
- The question paper will be objective type. Each question will have four possible answers grouped under A, B, C, or D of which only one wills the right answer.
- The student is available to record in the answer book, only A, B, C, and D may be judged by him to be the right answer.
- General Studies of 150 questions of one mark each. The total numbers of General Studies Subsist paper will be 150 and the time limit for General Studies paper will be 2 hours.
- The paper of General Knowledge subsists of 100 questions of 1.5 numbers each. The total marks for the General Studies paper will be 150, the time limit for the General Studies paper will be 2 hours.
- Each question paper will be in Hindi and English
|(1 marks question) 150
|(1.5 marks question) 100
UKPSC Exam Pattern 2022 Mains
Mains examination will subsist on written examination. The written examination will subsist of 7 papers of current essay type questions.
- Each Paper will be 3 hours.
- Question papers other than language papers will attach Hindi and English.
- The question papers for the examination will be of the current essay type.
- There will be an interview of the aspirants who have got the main examination, after the commencement of the main examination.
- The final part of the choice process will be an interview.
- The aspirants will be finally selected for the examination, after clear the interview judgement tests.
|National Movement, Social and culture, Indian History
|Social justice and International Relations, Indian Administration
|World Geography and Indian Geography
|Social development and Economic
|Technology and General Science
|Science and General Interest
Paper 1: Language Paper and Essay
- To prepare for the essay part, candidates are suggested to start collecting news, articles, facts, and figures from different sources.
- All the information collected can be used in the essay paper.
- Write at least 2 essays daily before appearing for the finale examination and get them checked to improve your writing skills.
- The language paper is qualifying in nature. So, one can improve his/ her rank by scoring good marks in this paper.
- One must also keep himself updated for all the latest events happening in and around India and the world.
Paper 2: History
- For the basic preparation, refer to NCERT books first. Clear your concepts from the book as it is one of the most reliable sources of preparation.
- Underline important events and highlight them with the help of a marker.
- Make a detailed table listing some of the important events and the dates related to them.
- Make micro notes for the revision part.
Paper 3: Indian Polity, Social Justice, and International Relations
- Refer to the NCERT books to clear the basics and then switch to the advanced books like M. Lakshmikant.
- Practice answer writing. Students are advised to practice at least 2 to 3 questions on daily basis.
Paper 4: India and World Geography
- Practice answer writing as much as possible. Improve time management skills and try to answer questions in the given word limit.
- Paste maps on the walls of your room and practice them daily.
- Prepare Flora and Fauna of Uttarakhand from official websites of different districts.
- Topics like forests, horticulture, Organic farming are very important for UKPSC. Prepare them from a good book of a well- known writer.
Paper 5: Economics And Social Development
- Cover NCERT books first and then refer to the advanced books after clearing the basics portion.
- Few topics like Migration, Inequality between Hills and Plains, Tourism, and Agriculture are very important for the UKPSC Mains paper.
- Cover all the major facts and figures related to the development status of the state from the official website of the Planning Commission of Uttarakhand state.
- The issues related to the development of Uttarakhand state need to be prepared well.
General Aptitude And Maths
- For the section on General Aptitude and Maths, students are advised to practice as many questions as possible.
- Aspirants must try to solve all the questions in a systematic way using all the steps.
- Use diagrams and flowcharts and practice each question with the formulae written with the answers.
Preparation Tips For UKPSC Examination
UKPSC examination is conducted to recruit individuals for various posts of civil services in the state. The commission will notify about the examination on its official website. The paper pattern and syllabus of the examination are available on the examination’s website.
To prepare for the examination, One must start preparation with full focus and dedication. Below are given some preparation tips for candidates to prepare for UKPSC Examination:
- Students are advised to first check the syllabus and divide the subjects according to the time left for the preparation. Start the basic preparation with a general reading to clear the concepts and establish a link between topics and chapters.
- Make micro and crisp notes so that they can be helpful in the end of the revision part. Use diagrams, examples, flow charts, definitions, etc.
- Prepare a proper time table and study schedule according to the subjects and follow it religiously throughout the preparation.
- Read the newspaper daily to keep yourself updated for the current affairs portion.
- Solve previous years’ question papers to keep yourself updated on the exam pattern and types of questions asked in the paper.
- Buy any test series and start giving mock tests on a daily basis to analyze your preparation level. Mock tests will increase your speed & accuracy in solving the exam paper.
- Write down Formulae that you find difficult to remember so that they are handy for revision.
- Take care of your health too. Drink lots of water and take adequate sleep of at least 6 to 7 hours a day. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables and do not stress over a single exam.
Know about the organization and understand the requirements of the job role. There is no hard and fast syllabus for the interview round. However, questions usually are more inclined toward the optional paper you select and hence, the preparation should be taken accordingly. The following are a few tips which you can keep in mind:
Be prepared with your CV: You should be intimate with whatever is prescribed in the CV. Read it thoroughly so that you are not confused by any question regarding your past education.
Prefer the morning: Causally you would not be given an option, but this case you are, take the morning slot to an afternoon one. Though it does not always because you are fresh in the morning and after you are through, you can plan the rest of the important day accordingly. If the interviews rule in the second half, you catch the baggage of the rule and plans for the entire day as well as the interviews stress and come across as jade tired.
Finally, be cool and don’t worry too much. The job interview is for both parties i.e. together for you and the management to decide on the respective facilities: so go with a clear mind and try to be calm.
Be on time: Travelling to the interview can be trying, mostly if you have to drive a long distance. Try and do a trial run a day in advance so that you know how long it takes to reach their place. Then, you can plan as per your rule and ease. Remember, arriving late for whatever reason is a waste.
All the aspirants should have cleared every question paper for Uttarakhand Public Service commission. It is necessary for all further processes and in Language Paper maximum 37% qualified marks are essential.
How to prepare for UKPSC Exam 2022
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission organizes the UKPSC exam to recruit students in Assistant Review Officer, Civil judge, Economics and statics Officer so many posts of Civil Servants under the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission. UKPSC will rapidly publish the official notification. In this article, we will add a proper booklist for each topic’s preparation tips for Uttarakhand Public Service Commission which is necessary to pass the exam. The students will also get to know the right study material for the exam UKPSC.
Prepare an applicable time table
- Any exam preparation is insufficient without a proper time table
- To make your preparation disciplined and proper time table is required
- To finish the deadlines in the time table, an aspirant will work much better and faster
Study the UKPSC subjects completely
- Before you select any study material or books for your good preparation, you should examine the syllabus completely
- Uttarakhand Public Service Commission has given the full syllabus for the Prelims and Mains examination
- To completely understand the subjects, you should first examine the exam pattern for UKPSC exam
Study material plays a main role in getting selected. Always go for smart and good study as in the preparation of civil services the attachment with all the subjects is a very important matter.
- Go to the check all the subject materials before starting good preparation for the exam
- R S Agrawal and NCERT books for the preparation aptitude subjects
- Gather all the notebook, and most important thing, books always prefer Lucent and Arihant publication several magazines for current affairs and very important Uttarakhand General Knowledge.
- This is because 40% of subjects will be covered by state information only.
- Focus on the main topics like international affairs, politics, economy, etc.
- Read the general books & current affairs of Uttarakhand Public Service Commission
- Collect all the last year question papers of the UKPSC exam
- Always prefer books by famous writers
The UKPSC 2022 exam pattern is not very different from any other Public Service Commission exam or the IAS. When you understand it thoroughly, preparing a smart strategy will be easier.
Ques.Who can apply for the UKPSC Examination?
Ans.The graduates in any field who have cleared the graduation from the recognized University and meets the age limit criteria can apply for the UKPSC Examination.
Ques.How many selection stages are there in UKPSC Exam?
Ans.Candidates giving the UKPSC exam are supposed to clear all the selection stages including UKPSC Prelims Exam, UKPSC Mains Exam, and Interview.
Ques.What is the UKPSC Exam Pattern for the Prelims?
Ans.The prelims exam consists of two papers of objective-type questions. The examination is a screening exam only. Based on numbers obtained in this examination, the students will be declared qualified for the mains examination.
Ques.What is the weightage of UKPSC General Studies?
Ans.The general studies section has 150 questions carrying a weightage of one mark each. The total number of General Studies papers will be 150 and the time limit given to candidates to complete the paper will be 2 hours.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.