UPSC Mains General Studies Paper-2: Solved Previous Years and Model Questions for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020. MASTER THE MAINS GS Paper 2: Trends of UPSC Civil services main examinations in the recent past make it clear that it has become very dynamic, and hence, the old traditional method of preparation does not suffice. The General Studies (GS-2) is multi-dimensional in nature as it deals with diverse subject matters that are constantly evolving to keep pace with the new developments.
General Studies carries a total weightage of 1000 marks and can play a significant role in obtaining a good marks/rank in exam. Thus, it becomes highly imperative to master the GS answer writing skills. All GS papers are interrelated, and therefore, the GS answers are also to be maturely linked to bring out a holistic pattern. This book helps the aspirants to learn the skills needed to write a holistic answer. Keeping in mind the specific requirements of the students, gained through the experience over the years, this book has been carefully designed with examination-oriented and examination-ready content after an intensive research and analysis in field of Polity & Constitution and International Relations. A whole new style of easily understandable presentation of content has been adopted instead of the old traditional methods that once used to be considered the most effective for CSE Exam.
UPSC Mains Exam 2020: Expected Solved Questions for GS Paper-2
1. Mains questions in tune with the UPSC Civil service exam standard and pattern detailed and well-researched synopsis for each question.
2. Topic-wise segregation of questions for a quick revision solution to UPSC Mains 2020 GS Paper 2 provided online.
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations)
- Indian Constitution—Historical Underpinnings, Evolution, Features, Amendments, Significant Provisions and Basic Structure.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure, Devolution of Powers and Finances up to Local Levels and Challenges Therein.
- Separation of Powers between various organs Dispute Redressal Mechanisms and Institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian Constitutional Scheme with that of Other Countries.
- Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary—Ministries and Departments of the Government; Pressure Groups and Formal/Informal Associations and their Role in the Polity.
- Salient Features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional Posts, Powers, Functions and Responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, Regulatory and various Quasi-judicial Bodies.
- Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors and Issues arising out of their Design and Implementation.
Development Processes and the Development Industry — the Role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections of the population by the Centre and States and the Performance of these Schemes; Mechanisms, Laws, Institutions and Bodies constituted for the Protection and Betterment of these Vulnerable Sections.
- Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to Poverty and Hunger.
- Important Aspects of Governance, Transparency and Accountability, E-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; Citizens Charters, Transparency & Accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a Democracy.
- India and its Neighborhood- Relations.
- Bilateral, Regional and Global Groupings and Agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- Effect of Policies and Politics of Developed and Developing Countries on India’s interests, Indian Diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, agencies and fora – their Structure, Mandate.