Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2020: Practice Test – 2
1. Paryushana is the most important annual holy events for which of the following?
2. Jain ethical code prescribes five fundamental vows. Which of the following is/are not one of them?
Select the correct answer using codes below:
a) 1 and 2 Only
b) 3 Only
c) 4 Only
d) None of the above
3. With reference to Ajivikas (Ajivakas), consider the following statements:
- The most important sects to arise at the time of the Buddha were the Ajivikas
- They emphasized the rule of fate (niyati)
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
a) 1 Only
b) 2 Only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. The oldest and smallest of the three sections of the Buddhist canonical Tipitaka (“Triple Basket”) and the one that regulates monastic life and the daily affairs of monks and nuns according to rules attributed to the Buddha is?
a) Vinaya Pitaka
b) Abhidhamma Pitaka
c) Sutta Pitaka
d) All of the above
5. The Samayasara and the Pravacanasara are considered the bible of