UPSC CSE Prelims Exam Important Topics for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2020 GS Paper-1.
UPSC Prelims 2020 Important Topics: I have given below the topics wise questions asked in the UPSC Preliminary General studies, from 2013 to 2019. (7 Years)
- Use your time in a Smart and Intelligent way. Focus on the topics where more questions are asked.
- Also, link the conventional areas to the current affairs topics in those respective areas.
- Art and Culture – Festival and States, Painting (Bani thani, Kalamkari, Mural Paintings), Craft and Heritage states, Classical dance ,Classical Languages, Traditions and Communities, Important cultural places (Ajanta and Mahabalipuram), Pilgrimage and location, Shrine and Location – 16 Questions
- Nationalist Movement 1905–1918– INC (Surat Split, Women and Muslim President, Lahore session),Revolutionary Movement (Ghadr, Rowlatt Satyagraha, Swaraj Sabha, Personalities (Lajpat Rai, Annie Besant, Mahatma Gandhi) – 11 Questions
- Struggle for Swaraj– Congress socialist party, Cripps Mission, Simon Commission, Cabinet Mission, Quit India Movement, Salt Satyagraha, Chronology (3) – 9 Questions
- Buddhism and Jainism – 11 Questions
- Bhakti and Sufi Saints – 5 Questions
- Climatology, Atmosphere, Pressure & Temperature systems, Rainfall and Climatic regions of the world – 29 Q
- Economic geography of India, Agriculture, Mineral & Energy resources, Industries & Transportation – 29 Q
- Physiographic divisions of India – 16 Q
- Union & State legislature – 25 Q
- Union & State Executive – 14 Q
- Constitutional & Non Constitutional bodies – 12 Q
- Judiciary – 8 Q
- Preamble & Salient features of Constitution – 8 Q
- Banks & Monetary policy in India – Financial Inclusion (Small Finance Bank, Payments Bank), Public Sector Banks, Banking Terms (Asserts, Inter Creditor Agreement, Capital Adequacy Ratio, Core Banking Solutions, Basel III Accord, Monetary policy, Inflation, Marginal Standing Facility Rate, Banking Correspondent, SLR, Bank Rate, Priority Sector Lending)Tax Terms (Equalisation Levy, GST, Tax Devolution, Tax to GDP ratio, Sales Tax) – 24 Q
- Growth and development – National Economy Terms (GNP, GDP, Economic Growth, Poverty) Index, National Indexes (Index of eight core Industries, CPI-IL) – 15 Q
- Indian Agriculture- Agriculture and Cropping pattern , Imports of Agriculture products , Government Measures (Food Corporation of India, Minimum Support Price, Fair Remuneration Price, Seed Replacement Ratio) – 14 Q
- External sector – Forex Reserve and Debts ,Financial Terms (Currency Crisis, Demand and Supply, Liquidity Assets),Sovereign Fund – 12 Q
- Social and Cultural Awakening in the First Half of the 19th Century- Tribal Uprising , Santhal Uprising ,Movement /Organisation – Leaders, Institution – Founder, Persons – Position held – 7 Q
- Administrative Changes After 1858 and Acts – Victoria Proclamation, Charter Act 1813,Factories Act 1881, Govt. of India Act 1935, Trade Dispute Act 1929, Govt. of India Act 1919 (2) – 7 Q
- Growth of New India—The Nationalist Movement 1858-1905 – Moderates (Economic Critics),Swadeshi Movements ,Committee (Butler, Radcliff), Ilbert Bill – 6 Q
- Babur, Mughal Architecture, Mansabdar, Jagirdar, Zamindar, Personalities, Mughal Paintings, Akbar Religious measures – 7 Q
- The Structure of the Government and the Economic Policies of the British Empire in India, 1757-1857 – Land Reforms – Ryotwari settlement, Economic consequence of Brit rule ,English Education – 5 Q
- World Political geography, Places, regions & Countries – 9 Q
- Universe & Earth – 9 Q
- India Political geography, Places, regions & States – 8 Q
- River system – 8 Q
- Geomorphology and Soils, Rocks, Earthquake, Volcanism and Plate tectonic – 6 Q
- Fundamental rights – 6 Q
- Directive Principles of State policy – 6 Q
- Local government – 6 Q
- Schedules – 5 Q
- RBI- Monetary Policy and RBI, RBI and Its Measures – 10 Q
- Terminology(Money Multiplier, Merchant Discount Rate, Opportunity Cost, Domestic Content Requirement, Import Cover, Base Erosion and Profit Sharing, Rupee Convertibility, Disguised unemployment) – 8 Q
- Government budgeting – Budget (Fiscal Deficit, Capital Budget, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management, Non Plan expenditure, Capital Account) – 8 Q
- Financial markets – Indian Stock Market, Bond (IFC Masala Bond, Gold Bond) – Financial Terms (Currency Crisis, Demand and Supply, Liquidity Assets) – 6 Q
- Vedic Culture and IVC difference – 1 Q
- Harappan Site – 2 Q
- Ashokan Inscription – 2 Q
- Indian Philosophy – 2 Q
- Terminology- 3 Q
- Feudal System –1 Q
- Books and Themes –1 Q
- Saka Era – 1 Q
- Travellers – Hiuen Tsang – 1 Q
- Architecture (Famous sculpture work and Places, Rock Cut) – 2 Q
- Delhi Sultanate Administration – 1 Q
- Medieval Port – 1 Q
- Temple Architecture – 2 Q
- Medieval states and Present place – 1 Q
- Vijayanagar Empire (Tax system, Founder) – 1 Q
- Terminology– 3 Q
- Oceanography, Water distribution, Tides and Ocean currents – 5 Q
- Fundamental duties – 3 Q
- Union & Territories and Citizenship – 3 Q
- Emergency – 2 Q
- International economic organizations- International Organizations (WTO, IMF, NDB, International Financial Institutions – 7 Q
- Financial Inclusion- E– Governance and Digital Payments gateways – 5 Q
- Investment model – Capital (Social Capital, Human Capital, Capital Formation, Venture Capital) – 4 Q
- Issues related to planning – Five Year Plan – 2 Q
Important topics for IAS Exam 2020: Current Affairs and the General Studies topics are important for the IAS exam, be it IAS prelims, main or the IAS interview. The IAS exam needs a clear understanding of all aspects of Current affairs and general studies. We here provide a comprehensive list of topics important for the IAS Exam 2020.
There are some IAS topics which are evergreen and some IAS topics are very important for the year. IAS preparation revolves around these IAS topics because there is a high probability of getting questions in the IAS question papers.
All the IAS aspirants are studying the IAS syllabus to extract the important IAS topics for the upcoming IAS exam. IAS Exam 2020 will not be an exception to the previous years and the candidates are searching for the important IAS topics for this year as well.
Based on the previous year IAS question papers and the tips provided by the IAS toppers about their IAS interviews, we have extracted the section-wise important topics for the IAS exam 2020.
Current affairs topics are the guiding force for IAS preparation. It provides the locus of IAS preparation and the current affairs of the last 365 days are most important for the IAS prelims exam. The candidates need to prepare the current affairs from May 1, 2019 till 20 days prior to the exam. The question paper is printed 20 – 25 days earlier from exam.
Geography of India
The geography topics are very important because geography is a science-based subject and various candidates found it difficult to prepare. There are a good number of questions from the physical geography of India and the world. World geography has very fewer questions in the IAS question paper.
History of India
History of India is one of the largest sections in the IAS syllabus. The number of question in IAS prelims and main exam is relatively less. Though the number is less, the UPSC can surprise any year with the increase in numbers in the IAS question paper. The important topic is based on the previous year trend and recent discoveries.
The modern history is the most important section of the IAS prelims exam and we covered those topics will be very important for the IAS prelims 2020.
Indian Polity Topics
The Indian Polity section is the favourite section of the UPSC because a good number of questions have been asked every year and the question seems very easy and direct but the close analysis of the question provides the insight that the question was difficult. It is suggested to read twice the Indian Polity questions then only mark the answers.
Indian Economy topics are more oriented towards current events. The candidates need to prepare the current economic events occurring in India and the world. The candidates need to understand the Indian Economic Structure and its interaction with the world.
UPSC Prelims 2020 Important Topics
In the Current Affairs:
Aarogya Setu App
Article 370 revoked -5th August 2019
Atal Innovation Mission-(NITI-AIM)
AYUSH Ministry-Immunity booster, Ayurveda
Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccine
Bat Coronavirus (BtCoV)
Working of ICMR