Samajwadi Party leader Nand Lal Passi passes away
On 24th August 2018, Former MLA and Samajwadi Party leader Nand Lal Passi died following a long term illness, at Dr Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Nand Lal Passi was 84 years old. In 1993, he was elected to the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly as a Samajwadi Party candidate.
First-ever ‘dial-FIR’ scheme launched by Uttar Pradesh Police
On September 17, 2018, the UP police launched the ‘e-FIR’ or ‘dial-FIR’ scheme for the first time in the country.
To help the citizens lodge a report and FIR online
- It would be made possible by the collection of photographic data of 1 lakh small and big criminals through the new 22,000
- It would contain 22 types of complaints such as:
- Getting domestic help,
- Lost and found complaint,
- Permission for various activities like procession, character certificate etc
- A pilot project of the e-FIR has been successfully conducted in Ghaziabad
- Additionally, the UP police will train 100 fresh commandos including a fresh batch of women police force for anti-terror
- A special police operations team (SPOTs) will be further inducted for combating terror like incidents in various metro cities like- Lucknow, Meerut, Allahabd, Kanpur
‘Krishna Kutir’: Home for widows inaugurated in Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh
On 31st August 2018, Minister for Women & Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, and Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Adityanath Yogi inaugurated ‘Krishna Kutir’, a home for widows, at an event at Vrindavan, in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Krishna Kutir is a special home that will offer shelter and protection to 1000 helpless widows. It has been set up by the Ministry of Women & Child Development under the Ministry’s Swadhar Greh scheme.
- Krishna Kutir is the largest facility of its kind so far, to be developed by a government organization.
- It has been constructed on 1.4 hectare of land at a total cost of 57.48 Crores through National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC).
- It was designed in consultation with Helpage India. It is old age friendly and also has a skill cum training
- Its construction was funded by Central Government. It will be managed by the Government of Uttar
- A park will be set up near the home on an area of 4 acres that has been allocated by the district administration. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi had launched the construction Krishna Kutir in 2016.
Piyush Goyal, along with CM Yogi launched official website and app for Kumbh Mela 2019
On September 5, 2018, Rail Minister Piyush Goyal along with Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath launched the official website and app for Kumbh Mela, 2019 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- These will help pilgrims and tourists to attend the Kumbh which will be held on the banks of Sangam in 15th January 2019.
- It will provide details about location, trains, accessibility, weather and
- The railway Minister directed officials to use 100 racks of different trains for promotion of Brand
Sushma Swaraj & Yogi Adityanath inaugurate website for 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019
On 15th September 2018, External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the website for the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) 2019 that will be held in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- As the website has been launched, the online registration for participation in PBD Convention 2019 has started. Uttar Pradesh government is the partner state for the
- The website is available at: Keeping in mind the people who will be attending the Kumbh Mela and Republic Day, the date for the PBD 2019 has been shifted from January 9 to January 21 to 23,
- PBD is usually celebrated on January 9 every year, that commemorates Mahatma Gandhi’s return from South Africa on 9thJanuary,
- Theme for Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019 is: ‘Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India’.
- Uttar Pradesh Government will also organise the State PBD 2019 on 21 January,
- Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards will be conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind. Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth will be the Chief Guest of the
Amethi’s Pindara Thakur village went digital from September 1
On September 1, 2018, Pindara Thakur village in Amethi,Uttarpradesh was made fully digital under Digital India Programme of the Union government.
- It will have access to 206 government services
- It was linked with Wi Fi Chaupal and use of 2 GB free data for 15 days has been made available.
- Union Minister of Textiles Mrs. Smriti Irani inaugurated the ‘Digital India Banking Service’ at the head post office of Amethi.
Hazratganj Chauraha of Lucknow to be renamed as Atal Chowk after former PM
On September 9, 2018, the Lucknow Municipal Corporation in its meeting decided to rename the Hazratganj Chauraha-the city’s biggest intersection, as ‘Atal Chowk’ after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- It is also referred as ‘the heart of the city’.